Wings, I do love me some chicken wings. Buffalo, spicy, sweet, sticky…I don’t discriminate. The husband however prefers good ol’ buffalo wings so I made myself some Teriyaki Sriracha wings during the week. Doesn’t every recipe have Sriracha in it now? It’s like a new fad that’s late to the game. Anyhow, the Sriracha gets lost in this sauce so you could easily swap it for sambal or even cayenne pepper.
I made the sauce ahead of time and let the wings marinade in it while I fed the kids and did baths. I followed the cooking time from the recipe but the timer went off while I was reading stories so they cooked a little longer than I wanted them to. I broiled the shit out of them because I like the skin to get a little crispy. End result is I will make these again, finger licken’!
*Recipe from Damn Delicious
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Sriracha
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, Sriracha and cornstarch mixture.
- Arrange wings in a single layer onto prepared baking dish. Pour the sauce evenly over the wings.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the wings are slightly charred.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
3 thoughts on “Ain’t No Thang!”
YUM! I will try these (minus the ginger…I hate ginger!!) 🙂
Those chicken wings sound and look delicious. I like spicy!